Cheese Bread with Cured Cheese
Today's menu brings us some Cured Cheese Breads.
If I had to choose the snacks that I love the most, the ones I can't resist at all, I would definetly choose these little cheese breads. Just out of the oven. awww.... how wonderful!
I'm those kind of people who pick them up while still burning hot. Well, yeah, I always end up getting burned, but it's okay!
This time, I tried making these cured cheese breads. Instead of using grated mozzarella, I used the Lactimonte cured cheese balls.
Já vos disse que não há nada melhor do que usar ingredientes de qualidade?
Lactimonte cheeses are undoubtedly at the TOP of this year's discoveries. They are super creamy, tasty and they are Portuguese!
When I was challenged to make a recipe with cured cheese, the first thing that came to my mind was: cured cheese breads, of course!
And it works super well! They are really good and the cheese melts like candy!
How to make this Cured Cheese Bread recipe?
This recipe is quite simple, but be prepared to get your hands dirty! The real cheese bread, is handmade and from scratch. But do not worry, I'll leave you some tips in case you want to avoid the dirt and do something easier or... express..
For this recipe you'll need:
- Cassava starch
- Sour starch
- Cured cheese
- Olive oil
What is the trick to make them perfect?
There is no trick, but I'll give you some tips to get an even better result.
Grate the cured cheese very well. It is quite soft and ends up crumbling a bit, but no problem. If you want you can even put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, so that it is firmer and it is easier to grate it.
The mixture of the 2 types of starch is really important if you want to get a soft consistency inside and a crunchy outside.
Do not mix the eggs onto the hot mixture, let it cool down a little. Otherwise, you will end up cooking the egg and oops, thats not the way to go!
The milk makes the breads super creamy, but you can use water if you prefer.
As for olive oil, you can replace it with coconut oil, butter or cooking oil, but I think olive oil gives more flavor to this cured cheese bread recipe. So, it's up to you.
And now, are you curious to see the recipe step by step?
Cheese Bread with Cured Cheese
- 2 cups Sour starch
- 1 cup Cassava starch
- 1 Lactimonte cured cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Start by adding the 2 types of starch together in a bowl, add the salt and mix. Reserve.
- Heat up the milk and add the oil. Add this preparation to the mix of dry ingredients and combine well.
- Let the mixture cool down a little and add the eggs. Involve them in the mixture.
- Finally, add the cured cheese, previously grated
- Incorporate all the ingredients well until it forms a uniform mixture.
- Place a baking sheet on a tray and set aside.
- Rinse your hands with water to make it easier to shape the loaves. Take spoonfuls of the mixture, form balls and put them on the tray.
- When the process is over, place the tray into a preheated oven to 180º for 35 to 40 minutes or until the breads are golden brown.
- Help yourselves and enjoy.
In partnership with Lactimonte.